Take Two Psalms and Call Me in the Morning
Been awhile folks...so listen up.
When we feel sick, we sometimes call the doctor and explain what ails us. The doctor may say to, "Take two Motrin and call me in the morning". To get the relief we seek, we follow the instructions and call in the results.
When we are not doing well spiritually, we need to do the same. Sin (don't wince at that word, you little snowflake!), makes us sick, weak, ineffective and spoils the soul. The Word of God is sharper than a two edged sword and can cut through some of our pain, grief and darkness better than any pain meds. Jesus came to give us life and that more abundantly.
With our Great Physician, we have a "standing prescription" which can be refilled as necessary:
- Sad-take John 14
- Need Reassurance-take Psalm 145:18-20
- Stuck in sin-take Psalm 51
- Insecure-take Psalm 121:1-3
- Facing danger-take Psalm 91
- Disappointed in people-take Psalm 27
- God feels far away-take Psalm 139
- Fearful-take Psalm 47
- Feel faith sagging-take Hebrews 11
- Alone and scared-take Psalm 23
- Worried-take Matthew 8:19-27
- Feel hurt-take 1 Corinthians 13
- Losing hope-take Psalm 126
- Bank account empty-take Psalm 37
- Need peace-take Matthew 11:25-30
- Need courage-take Joshua 1
- Depressed-take Psalm 27